We collect personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information through the various sources discussed below. “Personally identifiable information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, such as name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information. Non-personally identifiable information is data that cannot be used to identify or contact an individual, such as your IP address browser type, date and time of your Website visit, and user analytics, such as mouse clicks and scrolling activity.
We collect information from you in two ways: (1) information you voluntarily provide to us and (2) information we collect from your use of the Website. We collect information that you provide voluntarily, for example, when you purchase products on the Website, communicate with or to us via an email, use the “Contact us” form, sign up for the Kiwa Life newsletter, create an online account and login information, including usernames and passwords, complete a survey or product review, or enter a contest or sweepstakes/giveaways. This information may include, for example, your name, mailing address, billing address, postal code, telephone number, email address, and payment information, such as your credit card number.
When you use the Website, we also automatically collect certain information from you, such as browser type, referring and exit page, operating system, timestamps, clickstream data, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, and your operating system. We also track and analyze statistical information from our visitors and customers about how the Website is used. This information is logged and used for purposes such as to help diagnose technical problems, assist with customer service, and user experience, and administer the Website so that we can constantly improve it.
We also collect non-personally identifiable information using the following methods:
- Log Files: Kiwa Life uses navigational data, or log files, to track member usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website. Log file information may include but is not limited to: (1) IP Addresses; (2) browser type; (3) number of page views; (4) log-in frequency; and (5) page or section accesses.
We will retain any information collected about you for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Thereafter, we may delete or otherwise erase or de-identify any personal data collected, subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for many purposes, such as (1) to fulfill your requests for products; (2) to respond to your inquiries; (3) to review the Website’s usage and operations; (4) to address problems with the Website, our business or our services; (5) to protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business; (6) to monitor the Website for compliance with our website terms and conditions and the law; (7) to help improve the Website or services; and (8) to contact you with Website updates, newsletters and other informational and promotional materials from us and third party marketing offer from other companies.
We may disclose information collected from and about you as follows:
(1) to our affiliated companies that, based on your use of the Website or that you communicated, offer products and services that may be of interest to you. We are not responsible for how our affiliates use your information, and such use is governed by the affiliate’s own privacy policies.
(2) to our third-party service providers, to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us, such as security related to our business, to Shopify for order processing, payment transactions, order fulfillment, web hosting and services, Google analytics, Klaviyo to provide promotions and email marketing, etc.
(3) as necessary, for purposes of investigation, if we believe that there has been a violation of our Terms and Conditions or of our rights or the rights of any third party;
(4) to respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order) and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
(5) in the event that our company is acquired or undergoes a corporate change, or if there is a partial or total sale of assets including in bankruptcy, your personally identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets; and
(6) we may also disclose your personally identifiable information with your express consent.
We may share non-personally identifiable information, including aggregate information or de-identified information that does not identify a specific individual, with third parties in our discretion.
If you decide that you do not want to receive marketing or any other communications from us, you may opt out of receiving them at any time. You may also opt-out of allowing us to share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes; however, our partners may continue to use any information that we previously shared with them unless you contact them directly to opt-out.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate industry-standard measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure while in Kiwa Life's possession. All information you provide to us* and information we collect from your use of the Website is managed and stored on third-party platforms by our service providers.
While we attempt to maintain the security measures described above, total security is not always possible. You use the Website and provide information to Kiwa Life at your own risk. You are also responsible for the safety and security of your information. You are responsible for keeping the confidentiality of any usernames and passwords you may use to register and sign in to the Website. In addition, we encourage you to be careful about the information you provide to us and any information you submit for public-facing sections of the Website (where applicable).
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers who serve ads, emails, and other communications on behalf of us and other non-affiliated websites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your visits to the Website and other sites over time.
When you submit information to the Website, such as by writing a review of a product, the information you submit may be collected by Kiwa Life. Additionally, your review may be posted on the Website, so please do not share information that you do not wish to be viewed by the public.
Last Updated: June 2022.